Communication is an essential tool in your professional life. This is true if you are an entrepreneur, business owner, CEO, team member, manager or employee. Good communication directly impacts your happiness and success in your work life. Effective communication has two basic parts:
- Accurately understanding what someone is trying to communicate
- Clearly conveying your intent through your communication
Does your communication do both?
Maybe the answer is mostly yes… and sometimes it still seems hard.
Have you ever dealt with any of these situations?
- You are working on a project and someone suddenly approaches you, is in your personal space, and you feel like you are under attack.
- You think you have a good handle on a project or task, and then your manager asks you why you did something in a tone that makes it clear they think you messed up.
- You have a co-worker who almost never seems to hear what you intended and you feel like you approach every interaction as if you are walking on eggshells.
Coaching is for you if:
- You have areas you want to improve your communication and fine tune your skills
- You have one person you never seem to get through to
- You want to be a more effective team member
- You want to better relate to your customers
We can work in a variety of ways.
- 1-on-1 to discover your personal patterns and improve your skills
- 2-on-1 pairs with both people involved in a communication that regularly breaks down
- One Bite for a specific, isolated situation